Extension Stadium, Bata
In October 2010, INPROCON was commissioned to support the project management for the extension of the existing stadium in Bata, Equatorial Guinea. This included:
• Scheduling and schedule tracking
• Preparation of a method statement for execution of the stadium extension
• Vendors’ and subcontractors’ invoice verification
• Creation of a quality management manual including QM/QA documentation
• Coordination of the production and logistics of the steelwork vendors
• Project management on the construction site and at company headquarters in Germany
• Support in contract management (variations, claims, etc.)
The project was completed by INPROCON.
The existing stadium in Bata, Equatorial Guinea, has a capacity of approx. 20,500 seats. For the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations, capacity was to be increased to 35,500 places for the opening ceremony.
The project encompassed the design, delivery and installation of a complete steel upper tier structure including stairs and integrated sector access ways, roofing and floodlight system. The overall dimensions are 248 m in length, 191 m in width and 23 m in height for the roof. The stadium complies with the requirements confirming to FIFA standards.
NÜSSLI (Deutschland) GmbH
€ 16 Mio